wxGTK 3.2 debs and rpms available

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxGTK 3.2 debs and rpms available

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.2.0 has now been released (Yay!), and distros will be packaging it for their future releases. However they are unlikely to backport it to current ones, so I've created packages for current versions of the major distros. For debian bullseye, and ubuntu focal and jammy there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 36, and for openSUSE 15.4 which has only official wx3.1.5 packages. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

The packages were built for CodeLite, which is why they're hosted there, but of course anyone else is welcome to use them. Instructions and links can be found on this page. Please let me know of any problems you find.

Note about ubuntu releases: from 21.10 (impish) ubuntu has changed the compression method for its debs from xz to zstd. This caused problems adding the impish and jammy wx debs to the repo, which didn't recognise the new format. This should now have been solved, but please report here any issues you find.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: wxGTK 3.2 debs and rpms available

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.2.1 has now been released. Though there are no major differences from 3.2.0, I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. As with 3.2.0, for debian bullseye, and ubuntu focal and jammy there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 36, and for openSUSE 15.4 which has only official wx3.1.5 packages. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

The packages were built for CodeLite, which is why they're hosted there, but of course anyone else is welcome to use them. Instructions and links can be found on this page. Please let me know of any problems you find.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.2.2.1 has now been released. Though there are no major differences from 3.2.1, I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. As with 3.2.1, for debian bullseye, and ubuntu jammy and kinetic, there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 37, and for openSUSE 15.4 and 15.5 which have only official wx3.1.5 packages. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

Last edited by DavidHart on Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update for the opensuse 15.5 release
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.2.3 has now been released and I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. As with previous releases, for debian bullseye and bookworm, and ubuntu jammy, kinetic and mantis, there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 38 and 39, and for openSUSE 15.5. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

Last edited by DavidHart on Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update for the fedora 39 release
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.2.4 has now been released and I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. As with previous releases, for debian bookworm, and ubuntu jammy and mantis, there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 39, and for openSUSE 15.5. More will be added for new releases of these distros.