- AES 128 Bit CBC (Default)
- AES 256 Bit CBC
Adding another encryption scheme can impose compatibility problems for existing applications. To overcome such issues in a flexible manner it is planned to support the selection of the encryption scheme at runtime. A first implementation of the multi-cipher support is now available in branch multi-cipher of the wxSQLite3 GitHub repository. The following ciphers are currently supported:
- AES 126 Bit CBC - No HMAC (wxSQLite3 - Default cipher until wxSQLite3 version 3.5.9)
- AES 256 Bit CBC - No HMAC (wxSQLite3)
- ChaCha20 - Poly1305 HMAC (sqleet - intended default cipher for wxSQLite3 version 4 and above)
- AES 256 Bit CBC - SHA1 HMAC (SQLCipher - database versions 1, 2, and 3 supported)
Please give it a try.
Feedback, bug reports, and feature requests are welcome.