What's new in this release:
- Added version information as Windows resource for DLL builds on Windows
- Cleaned up premake5 build files for Visual C++ (corrected debug environment settings)
- Resolved wxWidgets library dependencies for Visual C++ using wxWidgets' special setup.h for MSVC
Changes carried forward from version 3.5.0:
- Upgrade to SQLite version 3.16.2
- SQLite3 library now integrated part of wxSQLite3
This has the advantage that always a matching SQLite version is combined with wxSQLite3. Additionally, the SQLite encryption extension is now always enabled as the default.
- Build system overhauled
The outdated build system generated with bakefile has been replaced by a build system generated with (a slightly modified version of) premake5. On Windows Visual C++ 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2017 and GNU Make are supported; for Linux and Mac OS X handcrafted autoconf build files are provided.
On Windows, the library name was shortened to just wxsqlite3; on Linux and Mac OS X still the old library name including the wxcode prefix and the wxWidgets platform and version is in use. However, if there are no objections, it is planned to use the shortened library name on those platforms in the future as well.
On Windows, property files (wx_setup.props for Visual C++, config.gcc for GNU gcc) were introduced to allow to adjust the build configuration easily.
- Added Travis Continuous Integration
This helps to verify that wxSQLite3 compiles properly on Linux and Mac OS X platforms.
As always, feedback is welcome.