What's new in this release:
- Upgrade to SQLite version 3.9.2 (including adjusted SQLite amalgamation source to fix problem with the user authentication module)
- Removal of build files for wxWidgets 2.9.x
- Default build for wxWidgets 3.0.x
- Added support for premake5 (version 5.0-alpha6 or later)
Transition of active development from SourceForge to GitHub
Since GitHub supports collaboration more easily than it was possible on SourceForge for the wxCode project, I decided to move the active development from SourceForge to wxSQLite3 on GitHub.
Since the bakefile system used for generating the build files lacks support for newer versions of Visual Studio, I added support for premake5 and generated build files for Visual Studio versions 2010 and upward. Please note that the naming scheme for the resulting libraries and DLLs changed (i.e. the wxcode prefix is not used).
I added premake5 support for the SQLite3 encryption extension, too. To generate the build files, premake 5.0-alpha6 or higher is required.
Further Release Info
The wxSQLite3 file release contains the doxygen generated documentation.
The complete C source code for building SQLite with support for 128 resp. 256 bit AES encryption is included. For convenience the SQLite amalgamation source code is included, too. Additionally the source code of the optional SQL extension functions module is included as well.
The file release for Windows additionally contains version 3.9.2 of the SQLite DLL in 3 different flavors:
- the original unmodified DLL,
- DLL supporting optional database file encryption using 128 bit AES encryption, and
- DLL supporting optional database file encryption using 256 bit AES encryption.
Additionally a precompiled SQLite shell with encryption support for Windows is included.
Feedback is welcome.