Revive wxIA

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
versable
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Revive wxIA

Post by versable »

Hey there,

I've recently been looking for a TWAIN wrapper in one of the projects my team is coding, and found the old wxia project from Derry Bryson. I've imported the code from CVS (http://wxia.cvs.sourceforge.net/wxia) to github (https://github.com/versable/wxia) and changed the code according to this forum thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2491.

Additionally I updated the build system and somewhat unified a style to make the code more readable.

I'm currently testing it under a debian system and so far it recognizes my network scanner, although it does not scan yet.
The goal is to have it running under Linux and Windows.

If anyone is interested in coding/testing/bug reporting just visit the github page or leave a comment here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by versable on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eranon
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: Revive wxia

Post by eranon »

Not in position to help you, but this post just to send you my encouragements. Good luck, versable.
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]
versable
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Revive wxia

Post by versable »

Thanks for the encouragement eranon.

The SANE part of wxIA apparently never was finished, the bindings to the c library are there, and the scanner detection/selection is implemented.
After I have acquainted myself a bit with the SANE API, i've managed to read the scanner options into the SANE dialog (see screenshot). I'm expecting to get scanning working for SANE very shortly. I haven't tested TWAIN as of yet, but I did update the TWAIN headers.
Attachments
sane-preview.png
sane-preview.png (31.72 KiB) Viewed 3048 times