wxWidgets Template for MS VC12 (Visual Studio 2013) Topic is solved

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
beneficii
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

wxWidgets Template for MS VC12 (Visual Studio 2013)

Post by beneficii »

See bottom post.
Last edited by beneficii on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
doublemax

Re: wxWidgets Template for MS VC12 (Visual Studio 2013)

Post by doublemax »

I haven't tried this myself, but it's not necessary to use absolute paths in the project file. If the user sets an environment variable, e.g. WXWIN = C:\wxWidgetsVC\, then you can use $(WXWIN) in the project file instead.
Use the source, Luke!
beneficii
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by beneficii »

See bottom post.
Last edited by beneficii on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
beneficii
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by beneficii »

Here is an updated non-empty one, that inherits from wxApp as AppMain, containing both a .cpp and an .h file for the code.

Just remember that when the top-level window is closed, that the following piece of code should be executed:

Code: Select all

wxTheApp->Exit();
to close out of project. Remember that the top-level window's .cpp file also needs to include AppMain.h.

Once you've defined your top-level window (here let us call it MainWin), you include its header file in AppMain.cpp and then use the new statement to construct MainWin; you then use its member method Show(true[color]) to show the window. Do not worry about using a delete statement, as the application does the garbage collection for that top-level window for you.

To set this up, go to Environmental Settings, and create WXWIN and set it to the wxWidgets directory (without the trailing \), with wxWidgets already built using Visual Studio 2013, and then put the zip file (keep it zipped!) into My Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Templates\Project Templates and you should be all set and ready to go!

EDIT: I give permission to distribute, modify, or do anything with this, as long as credit is given.

Here it is attached.

Also, attached is the empty template.
Attachments
wxWidgets 3.0.0 Application.zip
(4.34 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
wxWidgets 3.0.0 Application Empty.zip
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 181 times