wxGTK 3.0 and 3.1 debs and rpms available

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxGTK 3.0 and 3.1 debs and rpms available

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,

wx3.0.0 has just been released, and distros will (I hope) be packaging it for their future releases. However they are unlikely to backport it to existing releases, so I've created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian wheezy, and ubuntu precise to saucy, there are repositories; and for fedora 18 19 20 and openSUSE 12.3 13.1 there are rpms. More will be added for new releases if necessary.

They are needed for CodeLite, which is why they're hosted there, but of course anyone else is welcome to use them. Instructions and links can be found on this page (together with the old wx2.9.x packages). Please let me know of any problems you find.

Regards,

David

Edit 1: Added the newly released openSUSE 13.1.
Edit 2: Added the newly released fedora 20, and updated the link.
Edit 3: Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) is now out, and contains official packages for wx3.0.0. However they don't contain the mousewheel fix, so I've rebuilt them with the patch. They're available from the above link, but note the different repo name.
Last edited by DavidHart on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Updated link for the new wiki
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: wxGTK 3.0.0 debs and rpms available

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.0.0 shipped with a bug that prevented mousewheel scrolling from working in wxListCtrl, wxDataViewCtrl and similar. I've now updated the binaries with the fix.

If you prefer to use the original, unpatched version, follow the links on this page instead.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxGTK 3.0.1 debs and rpms available

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.0.1 is now out. It has the expected fixes, including the one for the mousewheel bug.

There are now wxGTK 3.0.1 packages available here for debian wheezy, ubuntu raring/saucy/trusty, fedora 20 and openSUSE 13.1. I've separated out the older links into an archive page for people wanting to use the previous wx packages, and for older distro releases. As always, please report any 404s or other errors.

Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty)
Note that this time I've made the standard 'unofficial' packages for trusty, and they can be found in the standard repo alongside saucy and raring. Why the change? Because the trusty wx3.0.0 package was a bug-fix for the offical ubuntu package, so followed its format as closely as possible. As a result it wouldn't 'fit' with the other ubuntu releases, and was in a repo of its own. Now that's no longer necessary and, while I don't know whether the ubuntu packagers will release an official trusty wx3.0.1, if they do, I don't want mine to conflict with it.
Meanwhile it's there if you want to use it, but it won't update automatically from the wx3.0.0 package: you'll have to change your /etc/apt/sources.list entry first.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: wxGTK 3.0.2, 3.0.3, 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 debs and rpms available

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.0.2 is out, and I've again created some wxGTK binaries.

There are wxGTK 3.0.2 packages available here for debian wheezy, ubuntu saucy/trusty/utopic, fedora 20 and openSUSE 13.1. That page has links to the wx3.0.1 and older packages, for historians and those with older distro releases.

As always, please report any 404s or other errors.

Edit: Though ubuntu utopic has official wx3.0.1 packages, I have now created 3.0.2 ones. This is because 3.0.2 seems less affected by this issue.

Edit: There are also now packages for fedora 21. I created them even though there's a perfectly good official wxGTK3 package (which uses gtk3.0, btw). That's because the official package has no wx-config symlink in /usr/bin/, which will require a workaround in any wx program that wants to use it.

2/5/17: wx3.0.3 has now been released. As it's unlikely that current distro releases will update to this, I've created wx3.0.3 packages for debian jessie and stretch, ubuntu xenial and zesty, fedora 25 and openSUSE 42.2 and 42.3.

9/3/18: wx3.0.4 has now been released. I've created wx3.0.4 packages for debian stretch, ubuntu xenial and artful, fedora 27 and openSUSE 42.3.

8/5/20: wx3.0.5 has now been released. I've created wx3.0.5 packages for debian buster, ubuntu bionic and focal, fedora 32 and openSUSE 15.1 and .2.
Last edited by DavidHart on Fri May 08, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: wxGTK 3.0 and 3.1 debs and rpms available

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.1.0 has now been released. As this is a development branch distros are very unlikely to package it, so I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian jessie and stretch, ubuntu trusty, wily, xenial, yakkety, zesty and artful there are repositories; and for fedora 23-27 and openSUSE 13.2 and 42.1-3 there are rpms. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

They were built for CodeLite, which is why they're hosted there, but of course anyone else is welcome to use them. Instructions and links can be found on this page. Please let me know of any problems you find.

18/04/17: The fedora >=25 rpms are now patched with this commit. It prevents crashes that were occurring on Wayland, which is now fedora's default GTK backend.
26/04/17: The fedora >=25 rpms are also now patched with this commit which fixes key-freezes in wxStyledTextCtrl built against gtk+3 and run on Wayland.
Last edited by DavidHart on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Reason: Updated link for the new wiki
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.1.1 has now been released. As wx3.1 is a development branch distros are very unlikely to package it, so I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian stretch and ubuntu xenial, artful, bionic and cosmic there are repositories; and there are rpms for fedora 27, 28 and 29, and openSUSE42.3 (openSUSE 15 has official packages). More will be added for new releases of these distros.

For wx3.1.0 the fedora rpms were built against GTK+3, but otherwise GKT+2 was used. For wx3.1.1 there are both GKT+2 and 3 builds for debian, ubuntu and openSUSE.

They were built for CodeLite, which is why they're hosted there, but of course anyone else is welcome to use them. Instructions and links can be found on this page. Please let me know of any problems you find.
Last edited by DavidHart on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Updated link for the wx3.1.2 release
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.1.2 has now been released. As wx3.1 is a development branch distros are very unlikely to package it, so I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian stretch and buster, and ubuntu bionic, cosmic, disco and eoan there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 29 and 30, and for openSUSE 15 which has official wx3.1.1 packages that I suspect won't be updated. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

There are both GKT+2 and 3 builds for debian, ubuntu and openSUSE. Fedora has been GTK+3 since wx3.1.0.

For this release, to save both time and CPU cycles, I've dropped i386 and created only 64 bit builds. I doubt if many people are still using i386 machines but, if I'm wrong and lots of you contact me asking for i386 builds, I'll change my mind.

Last edited by DavidHart on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Update for the eoan release
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.1.3 has now been released. As wx3.1 is a development branch distros are very unlikely to package it, so I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian buster, and ubuntu bionic, disco, eoan and focal there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 30, 31 and 32; and for openSUSE 15.1 and .2 which have only official wx3.1.1 packages. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

There are both GKT+2 and 3 builds for debian, ubuntu and openSUSE. Fedora has been GTK+3 since wx3.1.0.

Last edited by DavidHart on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Update for the openSUSE 15.2 release
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.1.4 has now been released. As wx3.1 is a development branch distros are very unlikely to package it, so I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian buster, and ubuntu bionic, focal and groovy there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 32 and 33; and for openSUSE 15.2 which has only official wx3.1.1 packages. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

Last edited by DavidHart on Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Update for the fedora 33 release
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.1.5 has now been released. As wx3.1 is a development branch distros are very unlikely to package it, so I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian buster, and ubuntu focal, groovy/hirsute and impish there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 33 & 34 (fedora 35 provides its own wx3.1.5 rpms); and for openSUSE 15.2 & 15.3 which have only official wx3.1.1 packages. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

After bug-reports of build failures and conflicts between GKT+2 and 3 builds in previous versions, this time I've created only GKT+3 builds for debian, ubuntu and openSUSE (Fedora has been GTK+3 since wx3.1.0). The resulting name-changes mean that both types of wx3.1.4 build should automatically be overwritten.

The packages were built for CodeLite, which is why they're hosted there, but of course anyone else is welcome to use them. Instructions and links can be found on this page. Please let me know of any problems you find.

Note about the ubuntu 21.10 (impish) release: Ubuntu has changed the compression method for its debs from xz to zstd. This caused problems adding the impish wx debs to the repo, which didn't recognise the new format. This should now have been solved, but please report here any issues you find.
Last edited by DavidHart on Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Update for the fedora 35 release
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.1.6 has now been released. As wx3.1 is a development branch distros are very unlikely to package it, so I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian bullseye, and ubuntu focal and impish there are repositories. The impish packages also work on 22.04 (jammy). There are rpms for fedora 35 (also work on 36); and for openSUSE 15.3 which have only official wx3.1.1 packages. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

The packages were built for CodeLite, which is why they're hosted there, but of course anyone else is welcome to use them. Instructions and links can be found on this page. Please let me know of any problems you find.

Note about the ubuntu 21.10 (impish) release: Ubuntu has changed the compression method for its debs from xz to zstd. This caused problems adding the impish wx debs to the repo, which didn't recognise the new format. This should now have been solved, but please report here any issues you find.
Last edited by DavidHart on Thu May 12, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Update for the fedora 36 release
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

wx3.1.7 has now been released. As wx3.1 is a development branch distros are very unlikely to package it, so I've again created packages for current and recent versions of the major distros. For debian bullseye, and ubuntu focal and jammy there are repositories. There are rpms for fedora 36; and for openSUSE 15.3 (also work on 15.4) which have only official wx3.1.5 packages. More will be added for new releases of these distros.

Note about ubuntu releases: from 21.10 (impish) ubuntu has changed the compression method for its debs from xz to zstd. This caused problems adding the impish and jammy wx debs to the repo, which didn't recognise the new format. This should now have been solved, but please report here any issues you find.