ANN: wxPdfDocument 0.9.4 released

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
utelle

ANN: wxPdfDocument 0.9.4 released

Post by utelle »

Version 0.9.4 of the wxCode component wxPdfDocument is available for download from SourceForge. The new version 0.9.4 is compatible with wxWidgets version 2.8.12 and version 2.9.5. It should be usable with all wxWidgets 2.8.x versions, too. Sample PDF files created with wxPdfDocument can be found here.

Changes in version 0.9.4

General changes:
- added handling of Unicode surrogates for TrueType Unicode fonts (in wxPdfDocument library and in ShowFont utility)
- added missing initialization for image format type to use in wxPdfDC
- added support to write wxImage objects in JPEG format to PDF (instead of PNG format only)

Fixed bugs:
- corrected the handling of sectors in method wxPdfDocument::Ellipse
- fixed a bug in ShowFont (font index for TrueType collections was not selectable)
- fixed a bug in the Type1 font parser (parsing /Subrs could hang)
- fixed a bug in the Type1 font parser (endless loop when parsing Type1 multi master font files)
- fixed a bug in TrueType font parser reading wrong values from OS/2 table version 0
- adjusted default font metrics in wxPdfDC and external leading to always >= 0
- fixed a GDI object leak in TrueType font parser (Windows only)

Additionally a new file release, version 1.2, of Windows binaries for the wxPdfDocument utilities MakeFont and ShowFont is available in the wxPdfDocument Add-Ons section of the wxCode file releases on SourceForge.

Feedback and bug reports are welcome.

Regards,

Ulrich
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: ANN: wxPdfDocument 0.9.4 released

Post by evstevemd »

not yet working with wxRTC? Even an alpha?
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
utelle

Post by utelle »

evstevemd wrote:not yet working with wxRTC? Even an alpha?
I'm sorry. Unfortunately my resources I'm able to dedicate to further development of wxPdfDocument are very limited at the moment. That is, currently there is not yet direct support for wxRTC in form of a wxRichTextPDFHandler. Not even alpha. However rich text can be output to PDF using the wxWidgets printing framework and wxPdfDC. As the sample coming with wxPdfDocument demonstrates this works quite well.

Regards,

Ulrich
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

utelle wrote:
evstevemd wrote:not yet working with wxRTC? Even an alpha?
I'm sorry. Unfortunately my resources I'm able to dedicate to further development of wxPdfDocument are very limited at the moment. That is, currently there is not yet direct support for wxRTC in form of a wxRichTextPDFHandler. Not even alpha. However rich text can be output to PDF using the wxWidgets printing framework and wxPdfDC. As the sample coming with wxPdfDocument demonstrates this works quite well.

Regards,

Ulrich
You always do great things.
I will try it again (last time I tried anything with wx Printing it was a mess)
Thanks for the efforts!
utelle

Post by utelle »

evstevemd wrote:
utelle wrote:... However rich text can be output to PDF using the wxWidgets printing framework and wxPdfDC. As the sample coming with wxPdfDocument demonstrates this works quite well.
Thanks for the efforts!
As I don't know when you tried to use wxPrinting together with wxPdfDC I can't promise that all deficiencies are already removed. Please report any issues you detect (if possible with sample code and output), and I'll certainly try to improve wxPdfDocument.

Regards,

Ulrich
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

utelle wrote:
evstevemd wrote:
utelle wrote:... However rich text can be output to PDF using the wxWidgets printing framework and wxPdfDC. As the sample coming with wxPdfDocument demonstrates this works quite well.
Thanks for the efforts!
As I don't know when you tried to use wxPrinting together with wxPdfDC I can't promise that all deficiencies are already removed. Please report any issues you detect (if possible with sample code and output), and I'll certainly try to improve wxPdfDocument.

Regards,

Ulrich
Thanks for reply. The issue used to be wxPrinting and not wxPDF. It was a GTK Issue and don't remember to report it anywhere.