[ANN] library for rendering music scores

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
cecilio
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

[ANN] library for rendering music scores

Post by cecilio »

I'm glad to announce the availability of a new library: the Lomse library. It bundles all stuff needed for adding music scores renderization and playback capabilities to your wxWidgets applications. It is free open source (BSD 2-clause) platform independent C++ code. It is ready to be used in your wxWidgets applications without having to develop or create any interface code or wxWidgets wrapper class. Detailed tutorials for using it in wxWidgets as well as sample code in wxWidgets can be found at http://www.lenmus.org/en/lomse/documents/ You might have problems for building the library and the samples (mainly for Windows, less probable for Linux) as I'm not good at makefiles, installers, CMake and all nuances of different platforms. If you have problems, please ask. I will be watching the forum. Any fixes and help to improve this is appreciated and welcome.

The Lomse library is currently being used as the core engine for the next version (5.0) of the LenMus Phonascus music learning program. The Lomse library aims not only at renderization but also at music score interactive edition (something similar to Scintilla, but for music scores). So I will continue its development with that objective. If any one would like to join this project, you are welcome. I'm currently the only developer, so I would like to find one or two committed developers to create a core team. If you are interested and would like to take this project as your own project, you are welcome. But the LenMus project has no commercial aim, so do not expect any money. I do this in my free time, for learning and for creating useful free software for the community.

Hope you enjoy the library and use it in your projects!

Cecilio Salmeron
http://www.lenmus.org/
ouch67
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: [ANN] library for rendering music scores

Post by ouch67 »

That is a really cool library you got there! Makes me wish I had a music app that needed to get done. :( But I'll certainly keep this in mind for when I do!