eXtended Styled Text Control 7.2 is out

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
nuklearzelph
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

eXtended Styled Text Control 7.2 is out

Post by nuklearzelph »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nztexteditor/

Since 7.0 there has been some more api changes, however everything is now functioning properly and there will be no more changes to the api. unfortunately the config code was broken in 7.0, that has been fixed. everything now works 100% as far as i know. the structure of the config paths has changed too, instead of many "directories" for the global settings they have all been moved into one location "GLOBAL". also there were name differences between global and theme settings those are now the same so it should not be confusing or irritating anymore.

lexer color functions now support loading styles from the language path, keywords support is implemented and works, also properties works too. everything has moved in the configs for more consistency and cleanness. some theme colors have been updated for readability. the document manager will hopefully be finished for the next release and some minor nonfunctional updates for color consistency in xstc. after that maintenance releases only just for adding new lexer support, currently all lexers are supported. the help file is a bit hacky at the moment, once the docs are added to the website they can copied into the help file so it is not hideous.

I am still working on wxScintilla and getting Scintilla 3.03 working properly with it. the devel version on my box using 3.03 makes XSTC not brace match, it seems some Scintilla event code changed so I don't know if its the event or the function yet. I am hoping to get the full Scintilla api working in wxScintilla except for a few specific things that don't make sense for wxWidgets like lcd optimized fonts. so far everything is easy except I have not looked into the RGBA image stuff yet, nor the event code changes.

Once Things are working I will write a patch for wxStyledTextCtrl so the changes can be hopefully applied officially. also if I can get a satisfactory rectangular paste for wxSTC that may be included too. wxScintilla will stay up on the project site and get the lexer entries added to the header file. just updating lexers is a simple matter of rebuilding with the current scintilla and adding the header definitions so that they are accessible.

I will get a wxScintilla to wxSTC api changer script built asap so that XSTC can be used with wxSTC officially, however the changes can be made by hand fairly easily. a few wrapper functions are necessary that can be internally added to XSTC, this will be handled by the script too.