wxMDIBook v0.1

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
RoCKdaFrogg
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxMDIBook v0.1

Post by RoCKdaFrogg » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:00 am

I am releasing some cleaned up code bits of a current wxWidgets project I'm working on.

wxMDIBook provides additional features to the wxMDIParentFrame, wxMDIChildFrame, wxDocMDIParentFrame and wxDocMDIChildFrame classes of wxWidgets. It is a mixture of a MDI and a notebook interface.

More information, including source, and source and executable of a adapted docvwmdi example here: http://thomas.cherryware.de/wxMDIBook.php

Comments appreciated.

Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:04 am

Wow, very nice! :D I wonder, did you test it on platforms other than Windows? How does it behave on Mac? Linux?

RoCKdaFrogg
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by RoCKdaFrogg » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:40 am

It does not work on any platform than Windows, most importantly because the client window is forced in front of the notebook (as reparenting the client window brings many problems) using a Win32 function.

I'm not really sure how MDI behaves at all under non-Windows platforms... Isn't it simulated using a notebook anyway?