AwesOme Script

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
Scorcher24
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

AwesOme Script

Post by Scorcher24 »

Well, this product has a small audience only, but maybe some of you have some suggestions or tips how to improve it.

It is a little program I made to edit ingame scripts for Anarchy Online, like I have one for my tradeskilling. It always bothered me that I have to write everything into one line and I did not find any tool that fitted my needs for writing this stuff. So I made one with wxWidgets, which is a GUI Toolkit for C++, Python and Java. The program is written in C++ though.

How does it work?
You open a Project and you get a Dialog to fill, like a string for the Chatlink and the /ChatCommand you would like to have, which is also the filename of the script in AO Directory. You also need to set the directory you have AO installed to, so it automatically can install the script into the approperiate folder. However, at the moment the program expects the script folder to exist. This may change in future, so it asks to create it.

What license does the program have?
I has the GNU General Public License V2 as license, so the program is free as in "free beer" and "free speech".

Does the program require an internet connection?
No. It does not need it at all.

Does it waste my disc with any files created?
No. Only a few registry keys are created. You can find them in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Scorched Productions". If you do not want to use it anymore, you can delete this folder safely.

What is planned?
A lot of stuff. Some Tools to insert HTML-Code already exist an I plan to do more of it. At the moment, I am at Milestone 1, which means all rudimentary features work. If you have suggestions, please tell me.

Can I help?
Sure, if you got some free time, pull off the code from SVN and start coding . For submitting code, you need to ask me for membership and that requires a gmail adress though.

Please note, the program is at a very early stage. You may find it incomplete, but you can already do everything with it.
If the program says it cannot start, due to Runtime missing, please install this redistributable package:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

If you run into any problems, please post here or open an issue on:
http://code.google.com/p/awesomescript/issues/list

Download is here:
http://code.google.com/p/awesomescript/downloads/list

ChangeLog:

07.07.2010 V0.3.0

* Replaced wxTextControl with wxStyledTextControl. Adds SyntaxHighlighting
* Translated startup page to german
* Added Undo/Redo Stack with wxStyledTextControl
* Font is now selectabel.
* Added Accelerator for new projects (Ctrl-N)
* Unified HTML Tools Description (german version)
* Streamlined the menus a bit

06.07.2010 V0.2.0

* Making a new project has now a nice dialog
* You can show the projects properties like chatlink and chatcommand after it is loaded.
* Project name is now displayed on the titlebar.
* More HTML Tools

25.06.2010 V0.1.1

* Fixed a crash when canceling the ColorDialog
* HTML Color will now be inserted instead of appended
* Selected HTML Color will now surround selected Text

Well, as said, I would like your suggestions and maybe tipps and comments even if you do not play Anarchy Online. :)
(which is a bummer :D)
regards
IDE: VC++ 2008 Professional
WX: 2.9.2
My Projects