wxWebConnect 1.1 Released

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
bwilliams
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxWebConnect 1.1 Released

Post by bwilliams »

Hello all,

Kirix is pleased to announce the availability of wxWebConnect 1.1 -- a new version of the popular library for wxWidgets that enables developers to quickly integrate advanced web browser capabilities.

It wraps up functionality exposed by the Mozilla Foundation's Gecko engine (XULRunner) into a set of user-friendly classes to: embed browser controls, search web content, print web pages, interact with the DOM, implement custom content handling for different MIME types, issue POST calls using the current browser state, etc. Notably, with this library you can also embed all of your favorite Firefox browser plug-ins into your application.

New features in this version include:

* support for xulrunner 1.9.2
* better profile support
* better printing support
* many bug and crash fixes
* works either with xulrunner 1.8 or 1.9.2, your choice

We're looking forward to incorporating the many patches that have been posted on our forums in the upcoming releases in the next weeks. For this release, we considered it critical to get support for XULRunner 1.9.x into the field.

With other libraries in the past, embedding a web browser control has proven a daunting task, often involving compiling seemingly countless sub-dependencies. We've gone out of our way to make sure that getting a browser control up and running in your application is as easy as possible.

More information can be found at the wxWebConnect project page (http://www.kirix.com/labs/wxwebconnect.html). A short demo video and some screenshots can be found here (http://www.kirix.com/labs/wxwebconnect/screenshots.html)

We've released the full source code under the wxWindows license, so please go ahead and use this library in your own applications freely.

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

All the best,
Benjamin I. Williams
Kirix Corporation (http://www.kirix.com)
yuri
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by yuri »

Thanks a lot!

Feature set looks quite impressive now. Is it possible to load html from memory yet (wxString or something) ?
bwilliams
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by bwilliams »

yuri wrote:Thanks a lot!

Feature set looks quite impressive now. Is it possible to load html from memory yet (wxString or something) ?
Not yet, though somebody recently posted a patch to do just this to our forums (kirix.com). I intend to integrate this functionality.

Ben
Scorcher24
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Scorcher24 »

Thanks for contributing. For now I stick with wxHtmlWindow for my project, since it is sufficient for what I need. But will use it in the future maybe :).
regards
IDE: VC++ 2008 Professional
WX: 2.9.2
My Projects
72deluxe
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by 72deluxe »

bwilliams wrote:
yuri wrote:Thanks a lot!

Not yet, though somebody recently posted a patch to do just this to our forums (kirix.com). I intend to integrate this functionality.

Ben
Hello

Do you know if and when this would be available in the main release of wxWebConnect? If not, could you point me in the direction of the patch?

Many thanks for the hard work, greatly appreciated
Rich