Succeeding in the PC Game and Online Games Industry

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
roop452
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Succeeding in the PC Game and Online Games Industry

Post by roop452 »

India Game Developer Summit 2010 – First, Independent Event on Game Programming, Business and Careers

Bangalore, February 15, 2010: Games have transcended their fundamental role of entertainment and graduated into influential branding tools. The game industry too is advancing at a rapid pace, both in terms of technical innovation and sales. A snapshot of the scene today will reveal the evolution of the industry, where game development teams comprise of over a hundred full-timers working as programmers, artists and level designers. Equally large teams exist for quality assurance, support, and marketing. With production budgets of over $5-10 million, the rising cost of developing games is putting publishers under immense pressure to ensure multi-platform releases for maximum Return on Investment. At India's first and independent annual summit for the game development ecosystem - India Game Developer Summit (http://www.gamedevelopersummit.com/), NVIDIA's Director of Content Management talks about how to expand the market reach for games and to continually advance the state-of-the-art in visual computing.

Building online games require multiple complex processes, planning and coordinated teams -- art, programming and game development -- to deliver. Across the production pipeline, many prototypes must be created so that the client has decision points throughout that ensure the end product crystallizes their creative vision. In a separate session, Robin Alter discusses the detailed development process and client management practices to ensure success.

Keita Iida has been part of NVIDIA's Content & Technology organization since 2001, working with software developers and publishers to ensure that games and applications are well-aligned with NVIDIA graphics and platform technologies. He is also a video game historian, contributing to several books on this subject as well as being cited by CNN, USA Today and others as an expert voice in the field. In 1999, Keita was honored by Twin Galaxies Intergalactic Scoreboard for his contributions in raising awareness of the cultural significance and historical importance of electronic entertainment. Robin Alter is a co-founder and the CTO at Kreeda Games India, a leading online game publisher and developer. With over 20 years in new media business and technology implementation, he currently leads Kreeda’s online operations and the professional services division. He has advised over a hundred new companies in media and entertainment who needed books, music and video content to drive sales, including Amazon, Universal Music and MTV. He was also member of the design group that defined the W3C standards for metadata, intellectual property and commerce in the media industry.

Featuring top-notch keynotes from luminaries, visionaries and gaming gurus IGDS has announced the line-up of speakers and stellar sessions covering everything from GPU Computing for games, open source for your game development, bootstrapping for mobile game development, high fidelity dynamics in games, leveraging flash for your games, lessons from the trenches on becoming an Indie game developer to much more.

Attend IGDS to get inspired, learn from the gurus who have gamed their way to success, and join a club that seeks competence to grab a share in the $43 billion global gaming development pie. View complete details of experts and topics covered at IGDS here: http://www.gamedevelopersummit.com/speakers.html.
timg
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by timg »

Is it just me? Or does this look like SPAM?
roop452
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by roop452 »

Yeah!! it is only you. This post is just an information for developers. nothing else
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

I agree, it is development related and not really directed to a product, although NVIDIA is mentioned a lot, I do not think they rely on this kind of advertisement to get their video cards sold ;-) I did however move it to Announcements and Discoveries, as it is not about a wxWidgets related development per ce.

With regards,
- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hmm.. I would have thought this is SPAM as well.
Anyway I'll leave it for Jorg to decide. (Dang! You're too fast for me :-))

Please, next time, don't post news unrelated to wxWidgets and/or C++. Although this is an open platform and you posted it in "Announcements", we mostly deal with very specific topics. We are not a general development news platform.

No offense taken, maybe there are people who are interested in this.
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
roop452
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Succeeding in the PC Game and Online Games Industry

Post by roop452 »

Thanks for the understanding
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Hmm.. I would have thought this is SPAM as well.
Anyway I'll leave it for Jorg to decide. (Dang! You're too fast for me )
Hehe I just had my coffee what do you expect ;-)
Well like I said, it is a developer event, maybe not really wxWidgets related, but also not something that I would consider to be totally off topic.

Although I was a bit sad that I could not ponify this one ;-)

With regards,

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb