SQL2C++ Topic is solved

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
phlox81
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

SQL2C++

Post by phlox81 »

Hi, something new from me :)

This tool is able to generate C++ Sourcecode from SQL (CREATE TABLE Statements).
Currently it does so for SOCI,DTL, and Qt.

For Qt its also able to generate Frontends.
So it creates for each Table currently one Dialog for the Input and one Panel for the Dataview.
Also it generates an UI File for the Dialog and View.

The tool is wxWidgets based, but generates the GUI Code in Qt, because QtSQL has really neat features for creating Model/View based GUIs on top of SQL.

You can download a english trialversion here, the text is in german, but the program is held in English (And the pictures say enough ;))
http://codenode.de/sql2cpp.html

phlox
Attachments
A generated Dialog
A generated Dialog
tbl_dlg.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 7784 times
A created View
A created View
tbl_view.png (13.35 KiB) Viewed 7784 times
Mojo
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Mojo »

Nice tool,
but why it doesn't generate C++ Sourcecode from SQL (CREATE TABLE Statements) for wxWidgets?
Win XP HE SP3, Vista
Xubuntu 12.04 LTS
wxWidgets-2.9.5
wxWidgets-3.0.0
phlox81
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by phlox81 »

Mojo wrote:Nice tool,
but why it doesn't generate C++ Sourcecode from SQL (CREATE TABLE Statements) for wxWidgets?
The Support (Model/View) is in Qt much better.
There is much Code, that I would need to write first, to have an competing solution in wxWidgets.
Also wxGrid isn't the best, I used it quite often, but also know the flaws of it.
Also, as far as I know, wxWidgets does not have any actual database support, so I would need to combine it with a nother Library like soci for that.
But SOCI lacks the Support of MSSQL, which Qt has, among all other common Databases.

phlox