Novelty - Visual novel maker

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
blockn102
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Novelty - Visual novel maker

Post by blockn102 »

http://www.visualnovelty.com/
Novelty is a tool for creating your own visual novels and
2D games.

* Easy to use WYSIWYG editor.
* Create custom assets using simple markup.
* Play your games in-editor or export as stand-alone.
* No programming required!*
* Runs in Windows XP and Vista.

* Custom scripting is available for but is entirely optional.

// No source code.[/list]
??? year olds :)
AshleighKate
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Novelty - Visual novel maker

Post by AshleighKate »

Hi guys! So I'm getting really desperate here. I've just completed my first version of my very first visual novel/game and I want to post it publicly for people to test. I used the visual novel maker "Novelty" so naturally in order to post it, I had to compress it to a ZIP file. So I did so but when my friends download the ZIP on their computer and unlock it and try to click the Shortcut in the file ("Play Game - Shortcut") to launch the game, it comes up with an error message that says "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Novelty1 (Dantae Game)\Novelty Dantae Game\Build\Play Game.exe The specified path does not exist. Check the path then try again"

I had exported my VN in Novelty and under the "build" folder where the exported file was stored, I created a shortcut to open the game. This shortcut works fine on my computer. It's just when I try to send it to others it doesn't work.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks =)

P.s here is the link that my friends tried to download. https://ashleighkate.itch.io/arcadia-test
doublemax

Re: Novelty - Visual novel maker

Post by doublemax »

I had exported my VN in Novelty and under the "build" folder where the exported file was stored, I created a shortcut to open the game. This shortcut works fine on my computer. It's just when I try to send it to others it doesn't work.
There are two problems in the shortcut you created.

a) For the executable link, it says "Play Game.exe" at the end, where it should probably say "player.exe".
b) The "Start in" directory still points to the path on your development machine ( C:\Users\Ashleigh\Desktop\Arcadia\Build ) which of course does not exist on the PC of another person like your friend.

However, even after fixing these things on my machine, the program shows the error "Unable to open player.nvz". This file is nowhere to be found though.
Use the source, Luke!