wxWebConnect 1.0 released: web browser library for wxWidgets

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
awilliams
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by awilliams »

I'm wondering if your problem might be caused by compiling and running the sample in a 64 bit environment, particularly since XULRunner is loaded at runtime. What compiler flags are you using?
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
In fact I compiled it on a 64bit system running OpenSuse as well. Works for me.
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
vdell
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by vdell »

Just to make sure: Is it OK to use the wxWebConnect library in an commercial application? I know that the wxWidgets license allows that but does the MPL?

TIA
Visual C++ 9.0 / Windows XP Pro SP3 / wxWidgets 2.9.0 (SVN) | Colligere
bwilliams
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by bwilliams »

vdell wrote:Just to make sure: Is it OK to use the wxWebConnect library in an commercial application? I know that the wxWidgets license allows that but does the MPL?
TIA
Short answer: Yes, it's ok.

We use wxWebConnect in our proprietary software, Kirix Strata. If you need help with understanding the requirements of the MPL (such as additional terms you need in your proprietary EULA), please contact Mozilla directly. From our experience, they are quite happy to see other people using their code and can point you in the right direction as to what disclosures you need to make you compliant.

You can read about the MPL here: (http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/)

Here are the key bits for you. Quoting from the MPL FAQ (http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/mpl-faq.html):

I want to distribute complete and unchanged binary packages provided by mozilla.org. What do I have to do?

Nothing. :-)
I want to distribute Firefox (or other MPL-covered code) that I have compiled myself but not changed. What do I have to do?

You must

* add a conspicuous notice stating where to find the exact source to the binary you are distributing [3.6]
(Note: if you are compiling a Firefox-like package, this may be already included, e.g. in about:.)
* if your documentation has a section dealing with licensing or the recipient's rights to the code, put a copy of the MPL in it. [3.5]

You may distribute any binaries you create under a license of your choosing, as long as it doesn't interfere with the recipients' right to the source under the MPL [3.6].

You may require a Mozilla Foundation trademark license if you wish to use Mozilla Foundation trademarks (e.g. the Firefox name or logo).
Best,
Ben
Romas
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by Romas »

Hello,

Is it possible to save whole web page to selected format image?
Everything requires a line of code.