[ANN] Google Summer of Code Accepted Projects

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

[ANN] Google Summer of Code Accepted Projects

Post by tierra »

The wxWidgets team would like to thank all of the students that submitted proposals for Google Summer of Code this year. We had several high quality proposals submitted, unfortunately, we were only able to approve three of those proposals. It was a tough decision, but we all came to an agreement. We would like to congratulate the following students on the acceptance of their proposals:

File-System Changes Notification Support
Student: Bartosz Bekier
Mentor: Vadim Zeitlin

wxAUI Enchancements
Student: Malcolm MacLeod
Mentor: Bryan Petty

Ribbon-bar Component
Student: Peter Cawley
Mentor: Julian Smart

For more details, please see:
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/wx

We're very grateful to Google for organizing and funding this work and we're looking forward to an exciting summer working with these students.

If your proposal wasn't accepted, feel free to contact Julian, Vadim, or myself if you would like some feedback on how you can improve your proposal for next year.

Regards,
Bryan Petty
jacmoe
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by jacmoe »

Three great projects!
Really looking forward to seeing how it goes. :)
BuschnicK
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by BuschnicK »

I have read on the wxBlog that the Summer of Code was a success - great! Where can I find the student projects? Im interested in the wxAUI component improvements in particular.

cheers,

Sören
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

BuschnicK wrote:I have read on the wxBlog that the Summer of Code was a success - great! Where can I find the student projects? Im interested in the wxAUI component improvements in particular.
Only one of the projects has been merged into SVN trunk so far (the Ribbon control). The other two are a little behind, but you can find the code for them in the SOC2009_FSWATCHER and SOC2009_AUI branches in SVN.

The AUI project in particular will likely be the last to be merged into SVN trunk as it's still not entirely done yet, and there are still a number of current issues that need to be resolved first.