wxPgs and wxOra

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
luis.eduardo.canedo
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxPgs and wxOra

Post by luis.eduardo.canedo » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:36 am

Hi every body:

As we all know the next wxWidgets version will remove the wxODBC library, so I want to propose all you is that we make the necesary libraries to acces our data bases.
I wrote and used two of them for Postgresql and Oracle, because they are the data bases that I know.
I worked with Postgresql first and then I had to write the Oracle data base acces library and I taken the first library as a base of the second one.
So I think, if some body else know an other data base, they may be take this as an example and rewrite it for your preferred data base.

What do you say?

I will thaks if you found some errors and you tell me about it

This libraries are in sourceforge.net:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=316401

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=316408

Frank
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by Frank » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:14 am

What for? There are enough Database-Libraries out there. Why this unnesseary binding of Non-GUI Libraries to a GUI-Toolkit?

Heck in my own Database-Lib (for DB2) I explicitly made sure that there is no dependence on WX whatsoever.

phlox81
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by phlox81 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Yep. You just reinvented the wheel.
Take a look at soci.sourceforge.net, this is my preferred SQL Lib.

T-Rex

Post by T-Rex » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:12 pm

It would be better to put efforts on enchancements of DatabaseLayer or finishing wxActiveRecordGenerator. DatabaseLayer provides convenient enough and unified API for popular DBMS and I think it would be better to use it. I also developed wxMySQL some time ago but decided to move to DatabaseLayer.