ANN: Music Organizer 2.5.0 is released

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
jackieteam
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

ANN: Music Organizer 2.5.0 is released

Post by jackieteam »

Hi everybody,
We just release the first public version of Music Organizer since its complete rewriting in C++.
What is Music Organizer?
Music Organizer is a multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) freeware which allow you to manage your musical files easily. It can sort, edit and manage Tags and file names of mp3 files (next version will support ogg and flac).

Where to get it?
Check it here now http://www.musicorganizer.org

(The software is also in English)
Windows wxMSW 2.8.7 Windows XP/Windows Vista
Linux wxGTK 2.8.4 GTK2.12.9 gcc 4.2.3
Mac wxMac 2.8.7 Mac OS X 10.4.10 gcc 4.0.1
Troels
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Re: ANN: Music Organizer 2.5.0 is released

Post by Troels »

- Looks great!
- Please integrate with wxMusik, your programs combined would become the player to end all players (http://musik.berlios.de)
- On the pc, flac is essential. mp3 is only for small portable devices - in my opinion :)

Greetings
mokapot
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by mokapot »

hi! i like the looks of your program!

i don't want to hijack your topic but have you considered adding support for extended attibutes? (or do you know of a organizer that does make use of it?) that is, so that a user can add extended attibutes (would only work for linux afaik) to annotate music files. i've been looking for such a player/organizer for a while but haven't found any. here's a post from another forum where i do a bit of musing on this topic:

"so, i'm looking for a nice solution to how to best put metadata to use for my music collection. i like having a structured way of adding metadata to files instead of constructing long an unwieldy filenames and i don't particularly fancy the built-in metadata fields in the different file formats. (i'm looking for a more general solution that can be used for all types of files.)

i'd like to use something that goes beyond that and is well integrated into the filesystem. i figured: "oi, extended attributes should do the trick!" so, i signed up here cause i've found a lot of good information on here in the past.

the problems that i came to think of after a bit of googling is:

1) those extended attributes should be visible in the file browser. so, what file browsers support extended attributes on linux?

2) is search as fast as if i'd be searching for say a substring in a filename? i guess i wonder how well ext3 handles these attributes.

3) which audio players can handle this type of extra information? would i be able to customize which extended attributes that would show up in the playlist?

anyone who has any thoughts and/or experience on this topic, please share your thoughts! how do you organize your music collection?"

i don't mean to hijack your topic but since you've been working on an organizer then i figured you'd be a good person to ask such a question.
sup?