For the past couple of weeks I was working on modifying and improving the existing wxWidgets project wizard of Code::Blocks (http://www.codeblocks.org). Today I've posted the 6th revision of the project wizard.
Code::Blocks is a Multi-platform, Multi-compiler supporting IDE written in wxWidgets. With the new wizard writing projects with wxWidgets in different platform using a variety of compilers will become easier.
The wizard is undergoing testing and is not official yet. But tests shows promising results. I have personally tested it in Windows with all wizard supported compilers and in Linux with GCC. I don't have Mac so I'm not sure about it. But it should work with GCC.
- Option to select wxWidgets 2.6.x or wxWidgets 2.8.x version libraries in Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Supports debug, release, static, dynamic, ANSI, Unicode, Monolithic builds of both versions of wxWidgets.
- Supports GCC, MSVC 7.1 & 8 and Borland C++ 5.5.1 & 5.82 compilers.
- Supports Pre-compiled headers for GCC, MSVC 7.1 & 8 and BCC 5.5.1 & 5.82.
- Wizard checks the presence of wx configuration, selected for project, precisely in Windows. Expect almost No false warning.
- Wizard sets Appropriate wxWidgets lib order while adding them to project file.
- Options to select almost all the individual libs of wxWidgets in non-monolithic mode. Please note the none of the lib from Contrib dir are added. If you need them, you have to add them manually.
- Adds minimum of numbers of libraries to the project depending upon user's selection.
- MSVC 8 supports wx lib dynamically linked with C Runtime Library (CRT) for all build configurations of wxWidgets. Wizard generates commands to embed manifest file to generated exe file after linking to load CRT properly during runtime (For MSVC 8 only).
- Option to select Application Target Type in Windows (For Advanced users only).
For the details of latest release of wizard please read the following post.
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php? ... 6#msg39066
To read the installation details, please read the following post.
http://biplab.wordpress.com/2007/01/20/ ... odeblocks/
I'll update the status of the wizard in my blog and Code::Blocks forum from time to time.
The wizard is available from the following link.
I'd request you to test it and to post your valuable feedback.
I hope the wizard will be helpful.