wxDBLControls 0.2 released

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
gururamnath
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

wxDBLControls 0.2 released

Post by gururamnath »

I have updated the GUI controls for DatabaseLayer with additional support for Listbox, Combobox and ListView Controls.

Please download the control and the demo (compiled win32 sqlite based demo program included) from :

http://wxdsgn.sf.net/guru_s_stuff/dbwrapcontrols_2.7z

I have also fixed the Unicode related compilation errors reported by jb_coder.

If you have any suggestion or patch for improving the controls, please send them to [email protected].

If the controls are stable enough by couple of months, it will be part of the next major release of wx-DevC++.

-Guru Kathiresan
jb_coder
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by jb_coder »

It compiles fine under Unicode now. There was one non-Unicode related change needed to get it to compile under gcc on Linux though. In dblcontrols.cpp

Code: Select all

EVT_LIST_ITEM_SELECTED(-1,OnSelected)
had to be changed to

EVT_LIST_ITEM_SELECTED(-1, wxDBLListCtrl::OnSelected)
to get past the error

dblcontrols.cpp:389: error: ISO C++ forbids taking the address of a bound member function to form a pointer to member function.
A couple of things aren't working for me on Linux also. The state of the "Can work over time" and the "Phone" don't seem to change. The list view also doesn't seem to populate. I'm not sure if this is an issue with DatabaseLayer or wxDBLControls though.

I really like the new look of the interface that you've designed!