wxWidgets 2.7.2 released

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

wxWidgets 2.7.2 released

Post by priyank_bolia »

wxWidgets 2.7.2 (a development release) is now available for download via http://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads.
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

Adding for completeness...

The main changes since 2.7.1 are listed below; also, Core Graphics support for wxMac has been radically improved.

We would be grateful for testing as we work towards a 2.8.0 candidate release on 13th November.

Thanks,
The wxWidgets Team

-----

All:

- Added wxFFile overload to wxFileName::CreateTemporaryFileName().
- Added wxBackingFile and wxBackedInputStream.
- Added GetTempDir() to wxFileName and wxStandardPaths.
- Added wxTar streams.
- Added wxFilterFSHandler and wxArchiveFSHandler.
- Added wxString::ToLongLong() and ToULongLong()

All (GUI):

- wxMemoryDC constructor now optionally accepts a wxBitmap parameter, calling SelectObject itself if a valid bitmap is passed.
- Reverted wxBuffered[Paint]DC to pre 2.7.1 state, added wxAutoBufferedPaintDC and wxAutoBufferedPaintDCFactory.
- Renamed wxProgressDialog::UpdatePulse() to just Pulse().
- Added wxCollapsiblePane (Francesco Montorsi).
- Added wxSimpleHtmlListBox (Francesco Montorsi).
- Printing framework fixes by Robert J. Lang. Bugs fixed, wxPrinterDC::GetPaperRect() and other functions added to allow easier printing implementation, and the documentation updated.
- Many enhancements to wxRichTextCtrl including URL support, formatting and symbol dialogs, print/preview, and better list formatting.
- Support for loading TGA files added (Seth Jackson)
- Added wxTB_RIGHT style for right-aligned toolbars (Igor Korot)
- wxHtmlWindow now generates events on link clicks (Francesco Montorsi).
- wxHtmlWindow now also generates wxEVT_COMMAND_TEXT_COPY event

Unix Ports:

- Added autopackage for wxGTK and an example of using autopackage for a wx program (Francesco Montorsi).

wxGTK:

- More RTL work.
- Support wxALWAYS_SHOW_SB.
- Speed up MIME types loading. Only the GNOME database should be loaded under GNOME etc. For this, the code queries the X11 session protocol.
- wxCaret redraw problem during scrolling fixed.
krazny
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by krazny »

Hello,

Just to let you know I fail to compile wxWidgets with OpenWatcom 1.5 :(

Code: Select all

C:\wxMSW-2.7.2\build\msw> wmake -f makefile.wat

wpp386 -bt=nt -zq -fo=wat_mswd\monolib_string.obj -d2 -od -bm -br -d__WXMSW__  -d__WXDEBUG__      -i=..\..\lib\wat_lib\mswd -i=..\..\include -wx -wcd=549 -wcd=656 -wcd=657 -wcd=667 -i=..\..\src\tiff -i=..\..\src\jpeg -i=..\..\src\png -i=..\..\src\zlib -i=..\..\src\regex -i=..\..\src\expat\lib -dwxUSE_BASE=1 /fh=wat_mswd\wxprec_monolib.pch -xr -xs   ..\..\src\common\string.cpp

..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1695): Error! E373: col(40) invalid modifier for auto variable
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1695): Note! N634: col(40) template function instantiation for 'wxStringToIntType' was in: ..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1718) (col 35)
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1718): Note! N392: col(35) definition: 'bool wxStringToIntType( char const *, long *, int, long watcall (* )( char const *, char * *, int ))'
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1718): Note! N637: col(35) function template binding of 'wxStringToIntType' was in: ..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1718) (col 35)
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1692): Note! N649: col(6) template function 'bool wxStringToIntType( char const *, ? *, int, ? watcall (* )( char const *, char * *, int ))' defined in: ..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1692) (col 6)
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1695): Error! E373: col(40) invalid modifier for auto variable
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1695): Note! N634: col(40) template function instantiation for 'wxStringToIntType' was in: ..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1723) (col 35)
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1723): Note! N392: col(35) definition: 'bool wxStringToIntType( char const *, unsigned long *, int, unsigned long watcall (* )( char const *, char * *, int ))'
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1723): Note! N637: col(35) function template binding of 'wxStringToIntType' was in: ..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1723) (col 35)
..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1692): Note! N649: col(6) template function 'bool wxStringToIntType( char const *, ? *, int, ? watcall (* )( char const *, char * *, int ))' defined in: ..\..\src\common\string.cpp(1692) (col 6)
Error(E42): Last command making (wat_mswd\monolib_string.obj) returned a bad status
Error(E02): Make execution terminated

C:\wxMSW-2.7.2\build\msw>
I assume this a problem with OpenWatcom 1.5 STL support, which I know to be poor... :?

For you information, I did not encounter such problems with wxWidgets 2.7.1 and same version of Open Watcom.

EDIT : Maybe this should have been posted in the "Compiler / Linking / IDE Related" :oops:
Please feel free to move my post to the relevant section ;)