threepp(a three.js 3D library ported to C++) works with wxWidgets now

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
ollydbg23
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

threepp(a three.js 3D library ported to C++) works with wxWidgets now

Post by ollydbg23 »

Hi, the Three.js – JavaScript 3D Library is a famous JavaScript library to show 3D object in the web browser.

I just see someone has ported the code to C++, see here: markaren/threepp: C++17 port of three.js (r129)

I took some time to contribute to this library, and now this threepp library works inside the wxWidgets framework, see this post: intergrate the OpenGL window(opengl context) with other GUI framework such as wxWidgets or QT Issue #205 markaren/threepp

See the gif screen cast here: you have to click on the image to see the animation. (see in this comment https://github.com/markaren/threepp/iss ... 1919202024)
threepp-wx.gif
Last edited by ollydbg23 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
doublemax

Re: threepp(a three.js 3D library ported to C++) works with wxWidgets now

Post by doublemax »

Nice work (although i curse you for the excessive use of the "auto" keyword in your code :) ).

The only problem is see with threepp is that it's based on the 3 year old R129 of three.js (current is R161). I wonder how often (if ever) it gets updated.
Use the source, Luke!
ollydbg23
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by ollydbg23 »

doublemax wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:44 pm Nice work (although i curse you for the excessive use of the "auto" keyword in your code :) ).

The only problem is see with threepp is that it's based on the 3 year old R129 of three.js (current is R161). I wonder how often (if ever) it gets updated.
I have the same question, so I asked in the github issue:
why the r129 of three.js is mentioned in the homepage · Issue #214 · markaren/threepp
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

ollydbg23 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:05 am
doublemax wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:44 pm Nice work (although i curse you for the excessive use of the "auto" keyword in your code :) ).

I have the same question, so I asked in the github issue:
why the r129 of three.js is mentioned in the homepage · Issue #214 · markaren/threepp
Good to know, Thanks!
Use the source, Luke!
ollydbg23
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by ollydbg23 »

The "auto" keyword is not added by me, but it was originally added by two sources:

The wx opengl minimal code was from https://github.com/lszl84/wx_opengl_tut ... c/main.cpp
I see it has a lot of "auto"s in the code.

The threepp code is from https://github.com/markaren/threepp/blo ... s/demo.cpp
It use some "auto"s.

For me, I just combine those two code, and make the threepp works under wxWidgets framework.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

ollydbg23 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:00 pm For me, I just combine those two code, and make the threepp works under wxWidgets framework.
Nevermind, i wrote that in the heat of the moment, but i shouldn't have. It's not my business how anyone writes his/her code.
Use the source, Luke!