i18n analysis tool (for wxWidgets code)

Do you like to promote your wxWidgets based application or component!? Post it here and let's see what the critics have to say. Also, if you found that ONE wx component the world needs to know about, put it here for future reference.
Bmadden
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

i18n analysis tool (for wxWidgets code)

Post by Bmadden »

I've been working on a tool for reviewing translatable (and non-translatable) strings in C++ code, in particular wxWidgets code. If you would like to check it out, it's here:

https://github.com/Blake-Madden/i18n-check

Basically, it looks for strings inside of _() and makes sure they probably are something meant to be translated. It also looks for strings not inside of _() and complains if it looks like something that should be translatable. Finally, it looks for wxT() and recommends that you remove it.

I tried to make the command line and output similar to cppcheck in case that helps.

I'm still training and experimenting with the "not translatable but should be" issues, so any feedback is certainly welcome.
ollydbg23
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: i18n analysis tool (for wxWidgets code)

Post by ollydbg23 »

Nice tool.

But can you add a simple test cpp file and a simple step by step tutorial in your project home page? I am not sure how it can handle something. Thanks.
Bmadden
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: i18n analysis tool (for wxWidgets code)

Post by Bmadden »

ollydbg23 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:41 am Nice tool.

But can you add a simple test cpp file and a simple step by step tutorial in your project home page? I am not sure how it can handle something. Thanks.
Done. Thanks.