wxDbConnectInf

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
mekruk
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxDbConnectInf

Post by mekruk »

Could anybody help me with a strange problem!
I'm use wxDbConnectInf and use wxODBC interface,
everything is ok when I connect to the database as the Adminitrator
all work in property way.
But when I try use any other user, I become answer the Table in database can't be opened? Why I use the name "USER" and "USERPASS"
and I have created this table in database.
And completly belive is that if I login as Admin I can open table, insert new one, delete. the USER have full right to this Table??
HELP!!! :(
qgranfor
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by qgranfor »

The USER may have rights to the table, but do they have rights to access the table from the domain/ip you're connecting from?
mekruk
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

reply on....

Post by mekruk »

I have the right. For example in "firebird" I used user 'sysdba' password 'masterkey' and I've created user "user" password "user11".
I'm started my database engine as a server. I'm login in as the "user"
the program notice that table not exit. In that case the table have been created by "user". When It was not possible to open table, but when I login as "sysdba" every thing was working with any problem!
It is strange!
I'was taking the sample program from wxMSW 2.6.2 --"wxWidgets-2.6.3/sample/db" have built the application and result was the same!
mekruk
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

additional information

Post by mekruk »

If I have made the normal access to the database by the "isql" program I can connect, open and insert records to the table.
By I couldn't do this for my wxProg program, and from db.exe program from wxWidgets examples !!