How to specify format for wxAutomationObject date property Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
sw
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

How to specify format for wxAutomationObject date property

Post by sw »

I am reading meetings from Outlook using wxAutomationObject's and one of those properties is a DateTime, so to speak (it comes as a string).

The problem is that when reading it via wxAutomationObject.GetProperty, the format of date comes out as so:

Code: Select all

Mon Sep  7 12:00:00 2020
The equivalent VBA code (run in the Outlook VBA IDE) returns this:

2020/09/07 13:30:00
Is there a way to specify the format of the date? Ideally a ISO date so I can use wxDateTime::ParseISOCombined()

The locale on the wxAutomationObject is set to:

mOutlookApplication.SetLCID(MAKELCID(MAKELANGID(LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US), SORT_DEFAULT));
Which is the same locale as Outlook is using...
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: How to specify format for wxAutomationObject date property

Post by PB »

Do you really receive the property as wxVariant with type "string" and not "datetime"? If the Outlook property type is Date, should it not be returned as OLEVARIANT with VT_DATE? If so, wxConvertOleToVariant() should convert it correctly (the function does not handle VT_FILETIME), you could debug what happens there...
sw
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Re: How to specify format for wxAutomationObject date property

Post by sw »

It was a PEBKAC error...

I did not realize I could get a wxDateTime on the wxVariant. Thank you for your help @PB