Gauges

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
runeight
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Gauges

Post by runeight » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:09 pm

The UI that I have been building is now complex enough that the user needs to see task completion estimates.

I'm not sure of the best way to locate a gauge. I would like to put one at the lower right of the frame.

There is a status bar and the best location would be in the right side of this, but, obviously, a status bar can't hold a gauge.

Is it possible to have the status bar only take up half the frame width at the bottom and then put whatever container to fill the right side that will hold a gauge?

And at this point I need to put a vertical, moveable sash between the two main panes to be able to resize their relative widths within the frame. How is this done in wxFB? Also, which of the samples shows the code for this.

Thanks again for any help.

doublemax

Re: Gauges

Post by doublemax » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:58 pm

There is a status bar and the best location would be in the right side of this, but, obviously, a status bar can't hold a gauge.
You can put controls into the status bar. It's a little tricky, but the "statbar" sample shows how to do it.
Use the source, Luke!

ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi,
Or you can use wxProgressDialog.

Thank you.

runeight
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by runeight » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:38 pm

doublemax I will check that out. Thx.

ONEEYEMAN, can you point me to an example? wxFormBuilder does not seem to offer that control as one of its options (though I could have missed it). Thx.

runeight
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by runeight » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:55 pm

NVM ONEEYEMAN, that was pretty easy. Thx.