wxcombobox with several rows Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Wolfgang
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Re: wxcombobox with several rows

Post by Wolfgang »

Ok, I managed it with a normal lis and calculated the space for the popup, do not have a line in between, but that is not sooo importend.
What does not look sooo good, is that the standard lenth of the item cannot be made smaller at least I did not find anything which works.
And if there is only standing "1" in it and the itemlenth is app. 105 it does not look soo good.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

My English is not very good so I do not have the slightest idea what are you asking....

If you want non-uniform column widths with wxLC_LIST, I am afraid it is not possible, at least not on MSW. You just have to set some reasonable column width for all the columns with SetColumnWidth(-1, someWidth).

If you want non-uniform column widths and borders between columns, you probably need to create your own list control. While not that difficult, IMO it can still take quite some time to get it right...
Wolfgang
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by Wolfgang »

Thanks for SetColumnWidth(-1, someWidth) I missed the -1 possibility.

I also tried it with the report mode, in report mode, I get the item with small white background the rest of the item width is gray. If the mouse goes through the items it selects the item with blue, but doesnot set back the blue where it was gray. so therefore I cannot use report mode and a line between colums.