dataviewctrl

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Wolfgang
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

dataviewctrl

Post by Wolfgang »

Hello

Is there a easy way to switch the col and row in showing (switch horizontal with vertical)? Meaning I will have different numbers of colunms. And in every row there will be a different source, but each row will have the same number of columns.

Usually you have it like this:

datasource1 datasource2 datasource3
1 1a 1aa
2 2a 2aa
3 3a 3aa[/quote]
But I want:

datasource1 1 2 3
datasource2 1a 2a 3a
datasource3 1aa 2aa 3aa
Wolfgang
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Re: dataviewctrl

Post by Wolfgang »

What I forgot to ask, is it possible to show htmllistbox also inside a dataviectrl? As one of the sources should be shown as html text.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

Is there a easy way to switch the col and row in showing (switch horizontal with vertical)?
No, you'll have to adjust your model accordingly.
What I forgot to ask, is it possible to show htmllistbox also inside a dataviectrl? As one of the sources should be shown as html text.
Not easily. You'd have to create a new DVC renderer using wxHtmlDCRenderer.
Use the source, Luke!
Wolfgang
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by Wolfgang »

doublemax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:43 am
Is there a easy way to switch the col and row in showing (switch horizontal with vertical)?
No, you'll have to adjust your model accordingly.
Thanks, I feared that already, and had the same idea to rewrite the model, so that it will write the right things in the rows, and also add the needed columns. So that should be possible.
doublemax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:43 am
Not easily. You'd have to create a new DVC renderer using wxHtmlDCRenderer.
Here I understand what you mean, but have no idea how to achieve it.