Resizing windows wxFrame

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
mxoliveira73
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Resizing windows wxFrame

Post by mxoliveira73 »

Is it possible on WxWidgets, resize the main window application, dragging with the cursor on border, and automatically resize all objects inside? Or maximize on the icon maximize windows and resize all objects?
Other doubt, I'm setting style of framewhitout the windows borders, but the apliction stay fixed on the screen, don't drageable by the cursor mouse...

PS: my app it's almost ready.... I'm very happy and thanks all the guys of forum that return my begginers doubts...
alys666
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Resizing windows wxFrame

Post by alys666 »

yes. read about wxSizer. and/or wxAuiManager.
sizer is an invisible "container" for windows, inserted in him, and he also can be inserted in another sizer. if sizer changes his size, he changes size of windows, he contains, according to strategy given at particular window addition to this sizer. etc.
but if you need more sophisticated look - read about wxAuiManager.
ubuntu 20.04, wxWidgets 3.2.1
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
You should also check the layout sample - build it, run it and see how and what different layout can give to you.

Thank you.
mxoliveira73
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by mxoliveira73 »

Oh, I think that I explain wrong my doubt. Follow the image bellow,

I need move frame that has no Windows title bar.

I have only a wxMenuBar.

I need drag menuBar whit the mouse, and togheter drag the frame, changing the position of app in the screen... it's difficult
Attachments
menubar.jpg
menubar.jpg (18.85 KiB) Viewed 750 times
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
You should make wxFrame class with the title. I don't think moving TLW by the menu bar is supported by any OS around - that's why there is a title.

Thank you.