closing frame

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
disin
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

closing frame

Post by disin »

Code: Select all

MyFrame::MyFrame(const wxString &Title):wxFrame(NULL,MyFrame_ID,wxT("parent Frame"),wxDefaultPosition,wxSize(1000,700))
{
Connect(ID_CNR,wxEVT_COMMAND_BUTTON_CLICKED,wxCommandEventHandler(MyFrame::OnChoice1));
}

void MyFrame::OnChoice1(wxCommandEvent &Event)
{
Frame2=new wxFrame(this,20,wxT("Frame2"),wxDefaultPosition,wxSize(400,300));
Frame2->Show(true);
Connect(ID_CREATE,wxEVT_COMMAND_BUTTON_CLICKED,wxCommandEventHandler(MyFrame::CreateRecord));
}

void MyFrame::CreateRecord(wxCommandEvent &event)
{
    Frame2->Destroy();	
}
Frame2->Destroy() closes "parentFrame"
i only wanted to close the Frame2 not the parentFrame
how am i going to close only the Frame2
New Pagodi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: closing frame

Post by New Pagodi »

I'm pretty sure your program is crashing. According to the documentation for connect, you need to supply a data object and an event handler or NULL will be used by default. So

Connect(ID_CNR,wxEVT_COMMAND_BUTTON_CLICKED,wxCommandEventHandler(MyFrame::OnChoice1),NULL,this);
and

Connect(ID_CREATE,wxEVT_COMMAND_BUTTON_CLICKED,wxCommandEventHandler(MyFrame::CreateRecord),NULL,this);
By the way, for new code, you should use Bind instead of Connect. That way you don't have to cast the method and some errors can be caught at compile time.