Translate question

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Widgets
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Translate question

Post by Widgets »

After picking up a project from Sourceforge - dclean, which seems to have been dormant for quite some time - and which includes translations for several languages and reading a good number of posts as well as the documentation, I have been able to work my way through the steps necessary to understand the process.

Still, there are a couple of question about what exactly should or should not be translated. Did I mention I am very new to this part of wxWidgets and wxLocale etc, in particular.

How about command line switches as well as the paths for the 'lang' files, components of the preference/INI file path.

All of those seem questionable to me, but I don't recall seeing much in the way of comments about what should be translated and what should be left alone.

As I do not have any experience with Windows or Linux installations in languages other than English, I have no other way to find answers to these questions but to ask here.
Any comments, precautions, recommendations or 'industry standard' I can follow
TIA
Environment: Win 10/11 64-bit & Mint 21.1
MSVC Express 2019/2022
wxWidgets 3.2.2