using classes on widget

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
iSulesh
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

using classes on widget

Post by iSulesh »

hello guys? Has anyone tried to use classes in wxWidget ? :|
doublemax

Re: using classes on widget

Post by doublemax »

Please be more specific.
Use the source, Luke!
iSulesh
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by iSulesh »

say for example i need to pull data from data base and display on a window using wxWidgets?
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

You can do that just like with any other C++ application. In many cases you'll just have to code the data transfer yourself. E.g. you retrieve data from a database and then you have to transfer that data into a wxGrid to display it. There are no adapter classes that do that for you. But everything is possible.
Use the source, Luke!
iSulesh
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by iSulesh »

I have my own classes that i had defined and was using on cmd console,i needed to reflect this using a friendly GUI,problem is,i don't know how to do this. I guess i need to learn how to use the wxWidget library,I have tried YouTube but i cant find anything useful, where can i get some good tutorials?
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

Converting the sequential processing inside a console application to an event driven processing in a GUI application is a general problem, it's not specific to wxWidgets.

Regarding the tutorials, there was another thread about that recently:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45377

I would suggest to start with the zetcode tutotial. http://zetcode.com/gui/wxwidgets/
Then, take the source code of the "minimal" sample that comes with wxWidgets, dissect it line by line and try to understand as much of it as possible. Make some changes to it and see what happens. Continue from there.
Use the source, Luke!