Multiple source files with a GUI

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Markmilleru2
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Multiple source files with a GUI

Post by Markmilleru2 »

Hi all,
I'm trying to write a client/server program with a GUI using wxWidgets. What I want to happen is when I run the executable, I can click in a button and the client and sever files will run. I've already written a working client and server files and I made the GUI, what I'm having trouble with is getting these files to link to the GUI. Does anyone know how to make this work? The client and server files are source files not header files, do I need to change this?
Thanks for all the help!
Last edited by Markmilleru2 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nunki
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Re: Multiple source files with a GUI

Post by Nunki »

Hi Markmilleru,

I would like to help, but with all respect, you're explanation is quite fuzzy. What is it exactly that you want to achieve ? Is it a typical frame with a menubar, toolbar and statusbar. You choose a menu on which you present a dialog, on which you placed a button ? And you want to call a function when the user presses that button ?
You see, all I can do is start guessing what you mean. You'll have to give us a more precise question or topic for us to be of help.

Maybe the best advise I can give you is to read the wxWidgets manual which you can easily find at wxWidgets.org. That will give you the insight on how GUIs actually work.

with regards,
Nunki
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multiple source files with a GUI

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,

For the record, Markmilleru is a spammer and his question was copied from an old thread.

Regards,

David