wxScrolledWindow in wxNotebook tab

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
CktDesigner
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxScrolledWindow in wxNotebook tab

Post by CktDesigner »

I'm using wxWidgets 3.0.2 on Centos 7
I have a Frame that includes a wxNotebook. When certain events occur, I add a tab.
The tab is generated with a wxPanel that contains a wxBoxsizer. In the sizer is a wxScrolledWindow.
The wxScrolledWindow contains a wxFlexGridSizer with many widgets, etc.

When the appropriate event occurs, the tab appears, but the panel is not drawn. If the top-level frame is resized, the panel appears.

If I then scroll the panel (in the tab), the panel contents (widgets, etc) scroll, but the widgets blank out (disappear). Again, if the top-level frame is resized, the panel appears.

One of the widgets in the scrolled window (part of the tab) is a wxButton. When the button is clicked, I change the text label on the button. But with the wxScrolledWindow, when the button is clicked, the text disappears. But again, if the top-level frame is resized, the proper (changed) text appears.

Originally, the tab contents were "smaller" and scrolling wasn't necessary, so only the panel (no scrolled window) was used and everything displayed properly (all the widgets appeared when the appropriate event occurred; the button labels changed, etc without the need to resize).

Do I need to "catch" scroll events and "Refresh()"? (I've tried, but failed to get this to work!)

Thanks!
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxScrolledWindow in wxNotebook tab

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
As a workaround you can try to call SendSizeEvent() to send a dummy size event to the notebook.

As for the original issue - can you post some code?
Also, what is you GTK+ version? Did you compile wx yourself or installed from the repository?

Thank you.