The simultaneous use of autocomplete and wxEVT_TEXT to wxTextCtrl

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: The simultaneous use of autocomplete and wxEVT_TEXT to wxTextCtrl

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi
No it is ok to bring thorough.

Now how did you get the sources? Did you just cloned the repository and switched to the 3.1 sources or you downloaded the release tarball?

Please get the latest sources by doing "got clone ...." following instructions on the wxwidgets.org website, compile them and run your sample against them. Will you see the behavior? Or it will be the same?

Thank you.
CnnC
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by CnnC »

Now how did you get the sources? Did you just cloned the repository and switched to the 3.1 sources or you downloaded the release tarball?
  • I uploaded the wxWidgets-3.1.1.7z archive.
  • Sent the archive to drive C: \ wxWidgets-3.1.1-Shared-0.
  • Installed the compiler mingw-w64.
  • Open CMD.EXE.
  • I executed the following commands from the site http://codelite.org/Developers/BuildingWxWidgetsWin

Code: Select all

cd C:\wxWidgets-3.1.1-shared-0\build\msw
    mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc setup_h SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release
    mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c++11"
    mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc setup_h SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 BUILD=debug
    mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 BUILD=debug CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c++11"

I replaced the flag SHARED from 1 to 0, because I needed a static library.
  • in the received setup.h before building the library changed define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT 1 on define wxUSE_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT 0
Please get the latest sources by doing "got clone ...." following instructions on the wxwidgets.org website, compile them and run your sample against them. Will you see the behavior? Or it will be the same?
I do not understand where to start "got clone ....", because I'm using Windows and the command line.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi
Download any git client available for Windows.
Then follow the instructions found on www.wxwidgets.org - Developer's - Code repository.

Compile and run as before.

Just search for any got client for Windows with Google.

Thank you.
CnnC
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by CnnC »

Hi.

Installed GitHub. Cloned the repository File-> Clone a Repozitory-> URL (https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets.git).

In C: \ ... \ Documents a folder wxWidgets appeared. I collected a library from these sources. I inserted and compiled my program. The result is the same, unchanged. The second text field does not work correctly.

Thanks for the help.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Please open a ticket at trac.wxwidgets.org.
Reference this thread. Attach the code from you sample. Or even better explain how to reproduce it in the sample.

Hopefully someone will look at it.

Thank you.