Creating HTML-Editor with wxHTMLWindow | wxRichtTextCtrl

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Natulux
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Re: Creating HTML-Editor with wxHTMLWindow | wxRichtTextCtrl

Post by Natulux »

Hey guys

Just for anyone, who is trying the same:

I recommend using one of the dozens of HTML Editors (HTML and JS/JQuery). Just use the Standard Browser to display a neat HTML Editor with editable configs (I took TinyMCE, I don't need anything fancy).
To get your code out again, just use the clipboard, if you don't have the chance to write a file or similar.

Unfortunately, the wxRichTextCtrl provides you with 90% of what you want and denies you the last 10% of what you need. (Like the save-to-html functionality, which is changing the font size from pt to html size (1-7), so that an imported file can never look like the saved one.)

Thus up to this point, I wouldn't recommend using the HTMLParser classes, if you need it to be exact.

Greets
Natu
Ellan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Ellan »

Have you found a solution? I've been working on the email editor recently, using the Google browser kernel as the kernel for wxWebView.wxRichtText can't meet the requirements, especially if you want to paste excel tables,and wxWebview can do whatever you want.
Thanks

Best Regards

Ellan
Natulux
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by Natulux »

Hello
Back then I didn't notice your answer, I'm sorry.
But yes, I did it as you did - using the wxWebView, though Im using the "standard" Trident (IE) backend of the wxWebview, except that I took the code from the future wxWidgets 3.2 from the GSOC2017 content to have my JS beeing able to sending answer strings.

Further discussed in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43774#p178964

Greetings
Natu