wxConnection cannot stop advise

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
RP__
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

wxConnection cannot stop advise

Post by RP__ »

Hello everybody,

It appears that when I use wxServer and wxClient on the same system, using TCP, I cannot always stop the Advise from the client.
This also happens when I am using the sample. In fact, I always use the client sample to run with my server.
When I use DDE, there are no issues and I can stop the Advise just fine, no crashes what so ever.

The first time I press StopAdvise, nothing happens. Then the second time, I get this:

The server is allowed access through the firewall, so it's not a security issue.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxConnection cannot stop advise

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
How do you know you can't stop it?

Thank you.
RP__
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: wxConnection cannot stop advise

Post by RP__ »

I start it, and then when I try to stop it, my OnStopAdvise function isn't called.
There's a log line in OnStopAdvise which logs the unique ID of the connection as well as it request.
This log line never appears. The same happens with the server sample! The OnStopAdvise line is never logged.

EDIT:
It seems that once I start my server, then stop and start the server sample, the issue occurs.
When I first run the sample, I can stop advising.