std::out_of_range wxStandardPaths Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

std::out_of_range wxStandardPaths

Post by mael15 »

hi everyone,
i have a weird error when starting my program, no threads are started yet, even before the first line of wxApp::OnInit():
"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll" geladen. Der Ladevorgang wurde durch die Einstellung zum Einschließen/Ausschließen deaktiviert.
Ausnahme ausgelöst bei 0x73B1A9F2 in ecInspector.exe: Microsoft C++-Ausnahme: std::out_of_range bei Speicherort 0x004FEA2C.
Unbehandelte Ausnahme bei 0x73B1A9F2 in ecInspector.exe: Microsoft C++-Ausnahme: std::out_of_range bei Speicherort 0x004FEA2C.
the call stack:
KernelBase.dll!73b1a9f2() Unbekannt
[Unten angegebene Rahmen sind möglicherweise nicht korrekt und/oder fehlen, keine Symbole geladen für KernelBase.dll]
[Externer Code]
> wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxString::assign(const wxString & str, unsigned int pos, unsigned int n) Zeile 2451 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxString::wxString(const wxString & str, unsigned int nPos, unsigned int nLen) Zeile 2268 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxString::Left(unsigned int nCount) Zeile 1326 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxFileName::SplitVolume(const wxString & fullpathWithVolume, wxString * pstrVolume, wxString * pstrPath, wxPathFormat format) Zeile 2325 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxFileName::SplitPath(const wxString & fullpathWithVolume, wxString * pstrVolume, wxString * pstrPath, wxString * pstrName, wxString * pstrExt, bool * hasExt, wxPathFormat format) Zeile 2349 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxFileName::Assign(const wxString & fullpath, wxPathFormat format) Zeile 521 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxFileName::wxFileName(const wxString & fullpath, wxPathFormat format) Zeile 139 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxStandardPaths::GetAppDir() Zeile 215 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxStandardPaths::IgnoreAppSubDir(const wxString & subdirPattern) Zeile 261 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxStandardPaths::IgnoreAppBuildSubDirs() Zeile 282 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!wxStandardPaths::wxStandardPaths() Zeile 328 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!`anonymous namespace'::wxStandardPathsDefault::wxStandardPathsDefault() Zeile 47 C++
wxbase31ud_vc_custom.dll!`anonymous namespace'::`dynamic initializer for 'gs_stdPaths''() Zeile 50 C++
[Externer Code]
i remember this error from two weeks ago, back then it disappeared after recompiling averything, but now it stays.
any idea anyone? :?: :?: :?:
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Re: std::out_of_range wxStandardPaths

Post by mael15 »

the problem disappeared after restarting my computer, superweird...
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Unfortunately I can't read German. Can you post translated message?
Also, you need to investigate why the error occurred in the first place? Do you have multiple version of the compiler installed?

Thank you.
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by mael15 »

hi oneeyeman,
after restarting the computer the error was gone. i am not aware of multiple compiler versions.
i guess there is no error to be found? just some sort of internal glitch or something?
thanx anyway! :)
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

I will be scared by the fact that the error can be popped up by itself and then simple reboot or recompile fix it.
That type of error can show at any time during development, or worse, production, and then you will waste a lot of time trying to go thru the whole codebase trying to find the cause.

Most likely the issue is now hidden somewhere and can pop up at any time. ;-)

Thank you.