wxWidgets does not use Windows theme Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Elmi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

wxWidgets does not use Windows theme

Post by Elmi »

Hi,

I'm running my wxWidgets application under Windows 7. There all buttons are shown in this flat, rounded style of the standard Win 7 theme, at least when I run it from within Visual Studio.

Now under some strange conditions (which I don't really understand) it happens that the Win7 theme is not used any more, the application comes up with some old-fashioned looking style which feels like Windows 95.

I'm not sure what the reason is, it seems it does not depend on Debug/Release build but somehow on the method how I deploy the application.

So my question: under what condition does wxWidgets lose (or actively not make use of) the theme of the operating system? Is there a special wxWidgets DLL responsible for this? Or what else could be the reason?

Every hint and idea is welcome!

Elmi
doublemax

Re: wxWidgets does not use Windows theme

Post by doublemax »

You get the Win95 style look when the manifest file is missing. VS usually integrates it automatically into the exe resource. Maybe it's disabled in one configuration?

( Project configuration -> Linker -> Manifest file )
Use the source, Luke!
Elmi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Elmi »

"Generate manifest" is enabled for all configurations. And the VS settings look the same like for all other applications that work well...
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

Is it possible there's an external manifest file lying around in the exe-directory that could override the internal one?

If that's not it, i'm out of ideas for the moment.
Use the source, Luke!