Windows resizing issue

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Windows resizing issue

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi, ALL,
I didn't have time to properly investigate this but maybe someone already saw it?

I am developing an application based on the MDI doc/view architecture.
The main frame initially is empty with just a toolbar inside.

When the user clicks on the toolbar button, the child frame appears with associated document and view.
From the code perspective I'm doing following:

Inside the wxView-derived class I am making the child frame and also creating a second toolbar whose parent will be main frame. Then I resize the MDI client window and MDI child window in order for the toolbar to be visible. The new size for both should be the client size of the main frame. Everything is good and I see that both of those chioldren are sized properly.

Then I display the dialog (self-made, not a standard one). At that point MDI child jumps down and positions itself on the point (0, toolbar->GetSize().y). The height of this window remains the same. The MDI client window is not affected as far as I can see.

I am handling the EVT_SIZE() of the main frame where I position and size the children correctly.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be the cause of this?

I can try to come up with the patch to the docview sample that reproduces the issue in the meantime.

Thank you.