Help required - wxExecute

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Priya
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Help required - wxExecute

Post by Priya »

Hi

I am using wxExecute in my application to execute a batch file. Batch file will execute python scripts form the given path and options.

i am facing the following issues
1). When am executing from visual studio 15 debug mode the console is showing and some error am reviving and the script is not executed fully. May be GDB is not set. I have set the PATH variable to gdb. Is that enough or in visual studio also some settings i need to do?.
2) The same application if i run through exe (app.exe - debug version) it executes the scripts properly and the cmd window closes after scripts execution.
But here i found wxExecute is returning some long value even when the cmd window in open state and scripts are running. Basically wxExecute should return after full cmd window close right?. Else how i can find whether script run successful or some error.
Based on this return variable only i have to take some action in the application. but return value itself not correct, how i can handle this.

Please help

Regards,
Priya
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Help required - wxExecute

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
How did you call wxExecute?

Thank you.
Nunki
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Re: Help required - wxExecute

Post by Nunki »

Hi,
For you to know if return codes are returned and what they mean I think you may have some reading to do. I refer to the link below of the documentation that may help you on the way.

http://docs.wxwidgets.org/3.1.0/group__ ... 1b73399b33

regards,
Nunki