Iconize event

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Iconize event

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi, ALL,
I'm trying to develop a program based on the MDI doc/view architecture. I know it is an outdated concept, but after it is done, it will be easier to port to AUI.

What I'm trying to do is to have a main frame with the main toolbar with the tools/buttons which, when pressed, will create an appropriate child frames. Now each child frames will have their own toolbar. Those child-specific toolbars will be positioned on the main frame and the child frames will be re-sized appropriately. So that at every moment MDI child window is present, 2 toolbars are visible on the main frame - one under the other.

Now the second toolbar creation and populating is simple - I can catch EVT_ACTIVATE() event of the MDIChildFrame, grab the main frame pointer and if not present create a second toolbar and populate it. WHat I might have a difficulty with is the possible iconization of the child frame - I can't find an event of such nature Also I hope I didn't misread the documentation which reads:
Until wxWidgets 3.1.0 activation events could be sent by wxMSW when the window was minimized. This reflected the native MSW behaviour but was often surprising and unexpected, so starting from 3.1.0 such events are not sent any more when the window is in the minimized state.
So is there a better way/workaround of what I'm trying to achieve?

Thank you.