windows: ugly grey background/border in some widgets

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
delt
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

windows: ugly grey background/border in some widgets

Post by delt » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:22 am

I'm not sure what causes this, maybe it has to do with the "manifest" thing? How do i remove this ugly grey border/background that randomly appears on certain container widgets?
winpieceofshit-greyborder.png
winpieceofshit-greyborder.png (55.52 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Oh the status bar isn't a real wxStatusBar, it's just a static line with some widgets under it at the bottom of the window.

catalin

Re: windows: ugly grey background/border in some widgets

Post by catalin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:38 am

That "ugly grey border/background" is the colour of the wxFrame, which I'm sure does not appear randomly, but consistently. Doesn't it?
If you don't want that, add a wxPanel as the first (and only) child of the wxFrame and add everything else as children of that panel.

xaviou
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: windows: ugly grey background/border in some widgets

Post by xaviou » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:43 am

Hi
catalin wrote:That "ugly grey border/background" is the colour of the wxFrame, which I'm sure does not appear randomly, but consistently. Doesn't it?
Just to add that it is the default background color of a window under Windows (this is not a wxWidgets related thing).
catalin wrote:If you don't want that, add a wxPanel as the first (and only) child of the wxFrame and add everything else as children of that panel.
And you can also change the background color to wxSystemSettings::GetColour(wxSYS_COLOUR_BTNFACE)

Regards
Xav'
My wxWidgets stuff web page : [email protected]'s wxStuff