wxRibbon Office 2010 / Metro ArtProvider

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
iwbnwif
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

wxRibbon Office 2010 / Metro ArtProvider

Post by iwbnwif »

Hello, has anyone had a go at producing an Office 2010 or Metro style art provider for wxRibbon.

I am thinking of having a go but don't want to re-invent the wheel.
wxWidgets 3.1.2, MinGW64 8.1.0, g++ 8.1.0, Ubuntu 19.04, Windows 10, CodeLite + wxCrafter
Some people, when confronted with a GUI problem, think "I know, I'll use Eclipse RCP". Now they have two problems.
ptDev
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxRibbon Office 2010 / Metro ArtProvider

Post by ptDev »

Hi there.

I've been trying to make a Office 2010 style system menu interface (admittedly, adding a basic menu button to the ribbon top left corner is quite easy) and an art provider that blends well with the Windows 8 desktop style.

Does this overlap with your efforts?
iwbnwif
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by iwbnwif »

Hi, thanks for you response.

I haven't got round to adding the file menu yet so I am very interested in how you have implemented this.

Actually I posted a question on the forum for this game development application http://www.en.compilgames.net/ (which is written using wxWidgets) to see if they would share their experiences but didn't get a reply yet.

So far I have subclassed wxRibbonArtProvider based on the AUI provider that is supplied. The results are quite good but I have only worked on the main things such tabs, button bars and panels and it is a bit of a hack at the moment.
wxWidgets 3.1.2, MinGW64 8.1.0, g++ 8.1.0, Ubuntu 19.04, Windows 10, CodeLite + wxCrafter
Some people, when confronted with a GUI problem, think "I know, I'll use Eclipse RCP". Now they have two problems.
RedStreak
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by RedStreak »

Sorry to bump this old thread up everyone :roll: , just wondering if anyone has made any progress on updating the default wxRibbonArtProvider.

I've managed to work on a few things like removing the rounded edges of the panels, tabs and buttons, currently trying to eliminate all the gradient drawing to get a flat look.

Would appreciate any tips.
iwbnwif
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by iwbnwif »

Did you see my other post here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37348

There is a flat 'office' look version class at the end you can look at.
RedStreak
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by RedStreak »

iwbnwif,

Thanks for the reply, you just saved me about another week on this. Really feel like this is something that should have been integrated into wx by now.