display html5 page in the application Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
chenbin.sh
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

display html5 page in the application

Post by chenbin.sh »

I want to display html5 page using twitter-bootstrap in my application. The html page should be stored in memory because I want to update the html rendering frequently. It's kind of like some interactive html design page, when user tweak something in the control panel, he/she will get the visual feed back immediately.

My question is if I use wxWebkit (or webkit directly?), any catch up? Any problem if I use wxFileSystem together with webkit?
help me, help you.
http://blog.binchen.org
doublemax

Re: display html5 page in the application

Post by doublemax »

With wxWebView both things should be possible. But as it's a relatively new control, it's always possible there are some bugs in it. Just try it and if you encounter bugs, report them.
Use the source, Luke!
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

wxWebView can do it... except on Windows < 8. Since this control uses Internet Explorer on Windows, and IE versions prior to 10 have limited to no HTML 5 support (well you may get lucky and get sufficient HTML5 support from IE9, but in IE < 9 forget about it, HTML5 won't work)
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
tierra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tierra »

For what it's worth, the Twitter Bootstrap framework mentioned here is compatible with IE7+, it just degrades a bit and doesn't look as nice.

HTML5 is designed to work even in older browsers, so chenbin.sh should be fine with wxWebView even on Windows XP with IE7.
chenbin.sh
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by chenbin.sh »

Thanks for everyone. Now it's pretty clear. I will use wxWebView.
help me, help you.
http://blog.binchen.org