Multitouch and pen input events in wxWidgets not supported?

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Wyrm
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Multitouch and pen input events in wxWidgets not supported?

Post by Wyrm » Sun May 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm studying the architecture of wxWidgets to see if I can extend it to support tablet inputs such as multitouch gestures and stylus. If I understand it correctly, wxWidgets abstracts all GUI events away from the developers in order to make it cross-platform compatible.

Is there a mechanism that allows developers to bypass the above restrictions to receive the OS events related to tablet inputs (positions, tilt, etc)? The documentation doesn't seem to have anything about it. The custom events do not suit the purpose since I don't get to send these events. Tablet input events are coming from Wacom digitizer driver to the OS and then to my GUI.

Any suggestions, reading material, help or advice it greatly appreciated.

W

doublemax

Re: Multitouch and pen input events in wxWidgets not support

Post by doublemax » Mon May 14, 2012 8:21 am

Under Windows you can receive the underlying MSW events by overriding wxWindow::MSWWindowProc().
http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.p ... 190#p48190

This should at least work for Windows7 multitouch events. I don't know if Wacom tablets work the same though.
Use the source, Luke!