Too Small Sreen.

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
HuaMuLan
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Too Small Sreen.

Post by HuaMuLan »

My app run in a pc with a relative small screen and my auiToolBar do not display completely.
What should I do?
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Re: Too Small Sreen.

Post by cecil »

You can use a scrollbar. See this: http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Scrolling
HuaMuLan
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by HuaMuLan »

A ToolBar WIth a scrollbar , I don't think they have a nice appearance .
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

A ToolBar WIth a scrollbar , I don't think they have a nice appearance .
What I want say is make a scrollbar to the entire frame, not a scrollbar to a toolbar. Naturally, it works for all elements contained in frame, including the toolbar.
HuaMuLan
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by HuaMuLan »

It odd , too . Only My toolbar was cut off. Currently I do not want to scroll my whole frame and controls totally .
And My Designer on this issue is:
I haven't found my way to impliment it ,yet. :P
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

I don't know other form to solve this question with methods supplied originally for wxWidgets. If your toolbar don't fit on screen, I think that the more natural solution is to use the scrollbar. I think that to obtain this result, you might place the toolbar over the scrollbar, showing only the buttons on the scrollbar( as you showed in your picture ), and catch the events from scrollbar and change position of toolbar manually. In this form, you can place the scrollbar on the place that you think to be the best. Exist one form of make this automatically, but the scrollbar is automatically positioned below the toolbar and is shown completely. But I don't know what is the behaviour of the wxWidgets when you place a element above the other...maybe it hide the scrollbar completely. Only testing is possible to know.
HuaMuLan
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by HuaMuLan »

:)
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

Hi!

Are you creating your wxAUITollbar with a wxAUI_TB_OVERFLOW style? If this style used and the toolbar can't fit all of its tools, the tools that are not displayed on the bar can be picked from the menu displayed by the arrow on the right side of the bar. AFAIK, this is also how native Windows' rebar behaves, unlke your suggested solution with a scrolling bar.

I have never used this feature, so I don't know if it works as advertised, I'm getting mixed results in AUI sample. Maybe you should try it with a real application and maybe look into all those overflow related methods?
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

Maybe i'm stating the obvious here, but if your layout doesn't fit on screen and you don't want scrollbars, you have to make all elements smaller and/or redesign your interface. There are not many more options.

Could you post a full screenshot?
Use the source, Luke!