Warning: duplicate section ... has different size

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
vid512
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Warning: duplicate section ... has different size

Post by vid512 »

I have built wx2.9 library using mingw32-make (mingw with gcc4):

Code: Select all

cd build\msw
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc UNICODE=1 SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1 DEBUG=0
Now I use wx-config-win utility, with evironment variable WXWIN set to wx2.9 directory.

My linker command line is:

mingw32-g++.exe  -o bin\wx29-release\hint.exe <project objects> -s -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++  -mthreads `wx-config --wxcfg=gcc_lib\mswud --libs` -mwindows
This gets expanded to:

mingw32-g++.exe  -o bin\wx29-release\hint.exe <project objects> obj\wx29-release\resource.res  -s -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++  -mthreads -Lc:\dev\_tools\wxWidgets-2.9.1\lib\gcc_lib -lwxmsw29ud -lwxtiffd -lwxjpegd -lwxpngd -lwxzlibd -lwxregexud -lwxexpatd -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwxregexud -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32     -mwindows
And then I get tons of "Duplicate section ... has different size" warnings. First few of them:

c:/dev/_tools/mingw-new/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\dev\_tools\wxWidgets-2.9.1\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw29ud.a(monolib_window.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTSN9wxPrivate11HandlerImplI12wxEvtHandler7wxEventLb1EEE[typeinfo name for wxPrivate::HandlerImpl<wxEvtHandler, wxEvent, true>]' has different size
c:/dev/_tools/mingw-new/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\dev\_tools\wxWidgets-2.9.1\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw29ud.a(monolib_mdi.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV20wxMDIParentFrameBase[vtable for wxMDIParentFrameBase]' has different size
c:/dev/_tools/mingw-new/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\dev\_tools\wxWidgets-2.9.1\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw29ud.a(monolib_mdi.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTV21wxMDIClientWindowBase[vtable for wxMDIClientWindowBase]' has different size
c:/dev/_tools/mingw-new/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\dev\_tools\wxWidgets-2.9.1\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw29ud.a(monolib_mdi.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTS20wxEventFunctorMethodI14wxEventTypeTagI14wxCommandEventE12wxEvtHandler7wxEventS3_E[typeinfo name for wxEventFunctorMethod<wxEventTypeTag<wxCommandEvent>, wxEvtHandler, wxEvent, wxEvtHandler>]' has different size
c:/dev/_tools/mingw-new/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\dev\_tools\wxWidgets-2.9.1\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw29ud.a(monolib_mdi.o): warning: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTSN9wxPrivate11HandlerImplI12wxEvtHandler7wxEventLb1EEE[typeinfo name for wxPrivate::HandlerImpl<wxEvtHandler, wxEvent, true>]' has different size
The executable is created and seems to work allright. However I'd like to find cause of these warnings, and get rid of it.

Anyone has idea what could have gone wrong?
guyanqiu
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Re: Warning: duplicate section ... has different size

Post by guyanqiu »

我也遇到了这个问题,究其原因是因为头文件和库文件不一致导致的。

I met this trouble too, because of the header files is not in accordance with the lib files.
You should use the right header files, or link the right libs.